Is renovating your home
still on your to-do list?
Are you keen to get your dream home underway, but you don’t know where to start?
- Are you looking to start renovating your home but are concerned about going over budget?
- Are you ready to start building your dream home, but worried about budget, or your project running over time?
- Are you losing sleep, thinking about all the ways your renovation could go wrong?
- How do we choose the right builder, architect or designer who is experienced, trustworthy and great to work with?
- Can we knock down some walls and rework the design of our home, and create that all important indoor-outdoor flow?
Make sure you are looking at ALL your options, and getting expert advice so you can make an informed decision to minimise your risks
BuildSmart works with property investors to build, renovate and maintain investment properties, all while maximising their value.
A little about BuildSmart
BuildSmart is owned by Glen Williamson, who is himself a qualified builder. As a property investor, he realised there was no-one with both building and property investment experience who could provide competent advice on all aspects of building maintenance, renovation and upgrades.
Neither was there anyone who could show investors how to develop their properties by sub-dividing and building an additional dwelling, or simply adding on to existing houses. He set about filling that gap in the market and in just seven years has built up a strong reputation as the go-to building company for property investors.
Glen is assisted by a team of highly qualified and experienced builders and painters.
Why Choose Us
- Combining property investment and construction, all under the one umbrella.
- The BuildSmart team consists of property investors, as well as qualified builders.
- BuildSmart has proven extensive knowledge of the rental market in Otago.
- Communication and commitment are our points of difference.
- We specialise in property investment feasibility studies.
- We have a great history of proven projects.
We Specialise In Major Renovations.
With our unique experience, we are set up perfectly to specialise in major renovations for both Bungalows and Villas. Our experience in renovations gives us:
- The most accurate costing in the market because of the checklists and experience we’ve built up over the years.
- Absolute quality control, no ifs or buts. We’ve developed our own checklist, to ensure your build is completed to a very high standard.
How we work with you
We are with you every step of your renovation process
2Feasibility. At this stage, you will be provided with a price estimate for project viability. BuildSmart will then initiate a concept design/drawing (depending on the project we may need the concept drawing before estimates can be given)
3Plans Drawn. Spending extra time at the planning stage of your project is crucial to avoid costly delays while the build is under way. Final working drawings need to go to our local council for building consent. BuildSmart will take care of this process for you. 4Quote Given. After initial plans have been drawn up BuildSmart will then provide you with an estimate/quote as soon as all details are finalised (this can include a full breakdown of all materials, labour and subcontractors)
5Contract Signed. At this stage, any building project over $30,000 must have a signed contract. BuildSmart take this process very seriously, you can feel confident the development of one of your biggest assets is in safe hands. 6The Build Begins. Communication is key to any successful project, whether it’s with the sub trades, tenants, property managers or owners. BuildSmart use the latest technology to make sure this happens.
7The Build Is Complete.After completing our comprehensive BuildSmart checklist, all documentation will be presented to the building inspector for your code of compliance certificate. We will provide you with the Certified Builders Halo guarantee and all information relating to your job. Last but not least, as our gift to you, we will organise for your home to be cleaned by a commercial cleaning company.
— Flavia Wilson
We chose Buildsmart to assemble our new Allwood kitset studio, a job which turned out more complicated than anticipated.
Thankfully the well-oiled team at Buildsmart stepped up to the challenge and now we have an adorable, sturdy, Dunedin-proofed (weather-wise) mezzanine studio-sleepout in our backyard. This was the first time we had used Buildsmart, but for future builds and renovations we wouldn’t have anyone else!
— Tim Calder
Buildsmart manage the repairs, maintenance, and renovations on all my student investment properties, while I’m based in Germany.
Thanks to their advanced use of the latest technology I receive videos of quotes, project updates, and suggestions which makes it very easy to understand what’s involved. I also receive PDF quotes and invoices directly into my Xero accounting software so I can easily keep track of expenditure. What I like most about Buildsmart is that like me they are constantly thinking about my properties, what I can do to improve them, and even send me a short email & video if they spot something untoward if they happen to be in the area driving past one of them. Buildsmart really make it easy and affordable to manage investments which gives me great confidence while based overseas.
— Chris CrooksWe engaged with Buildsmart to install a wall and cavity slider in our master bedroom as well as paint the exterior of our home. We were thrilled that Buildsmart were able to begin and finish both jobs within our expected time-frame, with both completed to a high standard. There were a few times during the project where communication could have been a bit better (this was generally around the delivery and moving of the scaffolding), however with the job now complete we have nothing but praise and gratitude to the team at Buildsmart who did everything they could to ensure they met our deadlines. We would have no hesitation in recommending or engaging with Buildsmart in the future. Thank you Glen and the rest of the team at Buildsmart!!
Download your FREE E-BOOK today and get the inside TIPS on what you need to know before you Build.
BuildSmart GUARANTEES you a STRESS FREE build Download Now
What are the next steps from here?
Get started with BuildSmart today.
Request a free design to build consultation
- Contact us today to arrange your session (valued at $285) with Glen or Shane (Managing directors). We will meet with you to help get your dream project underway.
- In this free consultation, Glen and Shane can discuss site development options, budget, council requirements and potential plans.
- We also have a number of draughtsman and architects that can help put your ideas on paper.
BuildSmart client’s will receive a complimentary gift which includes:
- A professional clean of your home, leaving it spotless and ready to use when the keys are handed over.
- A free session with a professional colour consultant, to ensure you get exactly what you’ve envisaged for your renovation.
Get started today on your
Dream Renovation or New Build
Simply fill in the form below and our team will be in touch to schedule your consultation, or you can call us on 021 2BUILD 1