FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I’ve never built before, where do I start?
Give BuildSmart a call. We will arrange an onsite meeting. We can discuss an initial concept plan and a rough scope and budget.
What can you can expect from the BuildSmart team?
We offer full project management and build service. Let us take you through all of the options from concept to completion. We have a full range of trusted subcontractors, suppliers, architects and draughtsman that we’ve partnered with for many years. We vouch for their quality, costings and time management. We can talk you through why it is so important to get these things right.
Is the building consent process onerous, and does BuildSmart take care of the application?
The consent process is a comprehensive application involving many specialist reports and details. BuildSmart can take care of the whole consent process. We have an experienced team that administer the consent and liaise directly with council staff to ensure an efficient approval.
What contracts do you offer?
BuildSmart are Certified Builders(hyperlinked), which means you have access to various legally drafted Building Contracts. A contract is required for any building project over $30 000.
Do we need consents?
• Undertake any structural work
• Add plumbing fittings to a room
• Conduct any work that affects the weather-tightness of a building.
This may be classified as Restricted Building Work. Restricted Building Work can only be done and/or supervised by a Licensed Building Practitioner. BuildSmart with their trusted architects and draughtsman can take care of this process for you, as it can be quite time consuming and complicated.
What are your safety and security procedures?
BuildSmart complies with the Hazard-co system to ensure your construction site will be safe.
Do you offer project insurance?
BuildSmart limited liability insurance covers up to 2 million dollars for every build. We can increase the amount of cover if needed for some light commercial work. Contract work insurance options are available with us as well.
What warranties do you offer?
You can rest easy knowing your biggest investment is backed by Halo – New Zealand’s most comprehensive 10 year residential guarantee. This unique cover is a safety net for your building project, that’s only available when you work with a highly qualified NZCB approved builder.
I am just wondering what the payment structure is?
This schedule will be finalised before the project starts. Project deposits cover purchasing materials and booking trusted contractors. These payments are required throughout the project and will be proportional to onsite progress. Payments vary according to the size and scale of each individual job.
What are the next steps from here?
Get started with BuildSmart today.
Request a free design to build consultation
- Contact us today to arrange your session (valued at $285) with Glen or Shane (Managing directors). We will meet with you to help get your dream project underway.
- In this free consultation, Glen and Shane can discuss site development options, budget, council requirements and potential plans.
- We also have a number of draughtsman and architects that can help put your ideas on paper.
All BuildSmart client’s will receive a complimentary gift which includes:
- Professional clean of your home, leaving it spotless and ready to use when the keys are handed over.
- A free session with a professional colour consultant, to ensure you get exactly what you’ve envisaged for your renovation.
Get started today on your
Dream Renovation or New Build
Simply fill in the form below and our team will be in touch to schedule your consultation, or you can call us on (027) 5439969